27 is a perfect cube, 29 is prime, but what is special about 28? It is divisible by 1, 2, 4, 7, 14, and, of course, 28. I thought there was nothing special about 28, but then Dad said it's perfect. That is right, 28 is a perfect number.
Prepare for your daily math lesson!
A perfect number is a number where when you add all of its divisiors (not including itself) together you get that number. The first 4 perfect numbers are 6 (1+2+3), 28 (1+2+4+7+14), 496 (not going to even try), and 8128 (your turn). So enjoy 28 while you can because it is the last age you will be perfect :) Unless of course you lived in Old Testament time.
30 is a good number too, expecially when you have a class of 30 students. It is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 15, and 30. You can split your class into even groups with 30 students - unless, of course one is absent.
Oh, and happy birthday to me.
9 years ago
5 comments:
Hee hee. Nice math lesson. Maybe I'll do a post on the proper use of commas! ;-)
Hope your birthday was spectacular!
Welcome to the 28-year-olds! I like how you try to make math all cute and friendly. I know what it REALLY is... ; )
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! So how does it feel to be officially old? I don't know why 28 seems old but somehow it does. However, to me it seems young b/c I'm 29! I am officially having no more birthdays.
Marth, you are 29. Meaning you are in your "prime." Ha Ha, get it? In your prime (29 is prime). Get it?
Carroll, I always try to make math cute and friendly, and most days it works.
Eats Shoots and Leaves, Meredith, Eats Shoots and Leaves.
Happy birthday to you!
Post a Comment